Sunday, December 31, 2006

So Here’s The Deal…

For the month of December, I’m drawing a web comic every day. I’m not an artist, never wanted to be one, and have never drawn anything more complicated than a smiley face in my life. Still, I’ve always enjoyed comics, so this is my chance to try my own.

Each drawing is occompanied by a short description of what I was thinking while I was drawing it. I’m a pretty firm believer that over explaining a joke is the fastest way to ruin it, so read the comic first (click to enlarge) and then click on the comments section to read my thoughts.

I also conned a few friends into trying this: Rob, Erin, Tim.

NOTE: This blog is organized according to date, which means you’ll see the last day of this thing before the first. To see it from the beginning, click here and scroll to the bottom.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no comics for a few days. hope you're okay.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked your comics and hope that you will continue even beyond the 30 days. They sort of remind me of The Farside with the off kilter style.

The quality of the art doesn't matter since it's definately good enough to get your message across and the crudeness actually helps.

The one with the sword made me laugh out loud which of course caused my office mate to look at me funny.

1:47 PM  
Blogger KDG said...

What did you draw these with?

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is much better than most guys who try to do a different girl every day of the month...

11:40 AM  
Blogger Gypsy Jane said...

I just found your $30 food experiment and then this blog today, enjoyed your cartoons and the food thing, wonder what happened to you as you never did write any more... I notice you were sick after that month of practically nothing but carbs and wonder if there's a connection. Hope you're ok now, a year later...

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home